Pages

Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Douglas Blond

I'm taking a quick break from writing about our adventures to celebrate the life of my dad. 5 years ago today I lost an amazing father and mentor. It seems like yesterday, but then again not, because so many things have happened since then.. what a strange feeling.

But the memory of my dad is still very much alive as I am often reminded and encouraged by how much he loved all of us, his go-getter and non-complaining attitude (when most of the time all i want to do here is complain!) and his overall love for life. Sometimes when I laugh i remember that I laugh like he did, the whole body shake, and that makes me smile.
He is my inspiration to keep pushing through when times are tough, and to live each moment to the fullest (even as i sit at my desk for 10 hours a day!) And I know he is cheering us on as we go through all our crazy adventures.  He was such a blessing to this world and I want to celebrate that today!

This is one of my favourite pictures- just being silly as a family.. this is always how I will remember him- so full of life.  I miss you everyday dad!


1 comment:

  1. How silly were we and so full of fun and laughter! That's how we want to remember daddy for sure. Chris took that picture and remembers that when we arrived Daddy said "the Blonds are here, bring out the wine..."
    Sound familiar???

    ReplyDelete